Thursday, August 20, 2015

Been so long...

It's been a while since I've written in here, quite a while.

Well anyway, long story short, I recently left my last job of 6 (almost 7) years to really push myself into finding a new job and finally being that real adult. This should've been last year, or even the year before, but I was living in such a comfortable bubble that I really found no motivation to leave. Even when there were times when my workplace was going through some financial hardships and I would hold off depositing my paychecks months at a time, I was working at a place I didn't hate and I liked all the kids I worked with (even the spoiled evil ones). But all good things must come to an end, all my cool coworkers were leaving too, so I couldn't just be the one standing back at the train station and waving goodbye...

Now, I'm starting to feel all the aches that come with having no direction or purpose in life. Before, I would have school to keep my mind busy but I don't even have that anymore. Moreover, I don't want to go back to school because I don't want to rack up debt that might not even give me give me an advantage when it comes to a better wage or whatnot. Furthermore, it may even just create a bigger burden on myself. One of those things that give you hope but ends up becoming problematic, you know? Plus, I don't exactly excel in the STEM (science....something...something...mathematics) subjects either...

Being 20~22 (+2~3) is a little more easy and flexible when it comes to transitioning into adulthood because you can work at a whatever job and get by with no judgement, and that applies to just about anything dating, parents, people in general.  You also get that time to experiment with whether or not your studies really applies to your interests. In my case, I never really had an interest in working in government. I just wanted a traditional college degree and went through college without studying things that I downright hated. I think if I had the chance to redo my college days, I would've attempted to go to a technical school and learn an actual skill that society needs like car mechanic. People need to drive and fixing a car is much more complex than it use to be, so it's like one of those more practical routes opposed to a Bachelor of Arts degree.

Currently, I'm in a pool, at 26, and fighting with a bunch of other people for jobs that appeal to my interests but everyone feels that they are qualified to do. I mean, I love social media and all, but now it seems like a lost cause and that it's just some job they place on interns. That didn't stop me from applying anyway since I'm multilingual, but now I'm thinking of what else I can do. Naturally, that led me to video editing jobs but no one in the professional world really uses Sony Vegas, so I began editing with Adobe Premiere Pro not too long ago. Now I just have my fingers crossed as to whether anyone would really want me editing videos for them full-time. Ai....

I don't want to be one of those people who hates their job and works it until they're sick of it but I don't know. Hope only stretches for so long.

I don't want to talk about too many subjects at once, so I'll return with other stuff later.

Right now, I'm just waiting for a call or an email where I can run to my dog and be like "guess what, Tritey? I have a job interview. Wish me luck! -hugs him while he just pants with a smile-"

Meh....

0 comments:

Post a Comment