Saturday, December 14, 2013

♪ Daughtry | Waiting for Superman


Was sitting in the car and heard this on the radio. It wasn't a song that played often so it was quite refreshing to listen to. The airwaves here basically consists of anything from Rihanna's LOUD till now, any single from Katy Perry, Lady Gaga's current singles, Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball, that Drake song, and that Avicii song I really don't like.

Well anyway, I was like "who sings this?" to myself and then used my handy dandy Google Now to find out. I tapped the mic, said "what song is this?" and tadaaaaa!

Ain't technology amazing? (lol). Once, I used it to try and find the name of this country song I heard but I don't think it gave me the correct artist. Other than that, it's pretty cool and accurate.


Being the nerd that I am, this song really speaks to me due to the Superman reference. About some girl waiting for her hero to come save her. With her doubts, she's always hopeful anyway. If you read the comics, you'll learn that Lois Lane is more independent than that though. Either way, this song is reaaaally nice. I know of Daughtry. I know the lead singer was a contestant on American Idol, but I don't remember any of the band's big hit songs from the past. ( ' ____ ' ;;)

The music video was filmed in downtown Los Angeles. The storyline is a bit different from what I pictured but it's rather striking how a guy can be so misunderstood like that.

To end, this has no relation to the song but it reminds me of this one image I saved of Superboy and Wondergirl because I really liked it. It's so sweet ; __________ ; ~ (I should've saved the whole panel. There was more of a story to this...lol)
 -Peter

0 comments:

Post a Comment