Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sick (again...)

Soooo, I said I'd update this more. What a lie. I have no excuses, really. It's just a whim whenever I get on this. I had a cold around Christmas time and I thought I'd be done with it, but now I'm back to being all phlegm-y and booger-y. It's so hard to sleep when your boogers clog your nose because your head isn't exactly in the best position to clear your sinuses. I guess this post will mostly be health related.

Health insurance deadline is on the 15th of this month and I kind of have anxiety when it comes to calling unfamiliar numbers, so I've been putting it off. I'll probably gather the courage to get around trying to retrieve my password to the Covered California website this week. The online chat thing was so useless. The family needs to get their taxes done early anyway, so I need to be able to log in to the website to retrieve the tax forms which I don't even know if I'm exempt from because I was offered government issued health insurance but THEY messed up my address and I basically waited 6 months for forms and then I was informed by MediCAL that I, MYSELF, would have to call back to fix THEIR mistake. It's not like I wrote my address wrong on that website because my dad got his mail and stuff just fine, ugh. My brother doesn't even have income, so does he get fined too? or will my parents get fined for not fully insuring him? Ah, being the child to immigrant parents who can't speak English is so stressful.

Furthermore, I recently was so conflicted on joining a gym and whether I should get my mom to help me or just fess up, be an adult, and pay more for the membership. I also had to decide between two gyms and come down to which one would be more logical. I narrowed it down between UFC Gym and 24 Hour Fitness which both are open 24 hours, but one was much further from home. I ended up choosing 24 without the Costco deal. My mom hasn't been working a whole lot recently, so it's only right that I'd just do everything myself...even though I'm paying about $15'ish dollars more per month, if I had gone through with the Costco deal. I would've had to give her a large sum of cash, only to have like 60% of it be spent on me. Oh, the price I pay to take the high road. I forgot to mention that I was very dead set on getting a membership at that time because the first month would be free, so that would basically cut the initiation fee in half. If I were to join UFC, the same initiation fee would've been much higher...like...almost three times higher, according to some reviews I read. I wasn't planning on joining a gym until my dog turned one but since he's slowly maturing, I could find time to squeeze in an hour and a half or so to go to the gym without worrying that he'll go nuts at home. I can also put him in his crate around one in the morning and he can pretty much be asleep in it until my usual wake up time of around ten in the morning but I only get around six hours of sleep before my biological clock wakes me, ugh.


I ain't gonna lie. I have the biggest staring problem at the gym but it's both highly motivating and arousing at the same time. Part of me also feels small, weak, and fat. Subsequently, I have never actually used gym equipment in my life until two weeks ago, so I was trying my best not to look retarded at everything I was doing. I fear injuring myself since I don't go with friends (I barely got any anyway), so I haven't attempted to bench or squat anything. I'm super weak anyway. The only machine I've used with those plates is the one for shrugs and someone left two forty-five pound plates on both sides which would make it one hundred and eighty pounds total to lift. That's basically my weight and, obviously, I couldn't lift it. I can, however, shrug ninety pounds relatively easy. I'm unsure when I'll attempt to add more plates but it's definitely an up from the two thirty pound dumbbells I was using the week prior due to the fact that I didn't exactly know which or where the thing I'd do shrugs at was.

As for my current routine, I'm following this YouTube personality's...

...but slightly altered, since I don't currently bench or squat (and he doesn't dead lift). For example, since I don't squat, I use more leg machines on the leg days. Instead of squats and aside from all the sets he listed, I would use the inner and outer thigh machine, as well as the leg extension machine. And then there are the free weights he uses, but NO ONE ever puts them back and what's left are either TOO LIGHT or TOO HEAVY for me, so I use more machines for the back and whatnot. He also didn't give a cardio routine, so I had to make my own. It's basically the treadmill for forty-five minutes or so (nothing else compares when it comes to calorie burn from running) and then 15 sets of weighted ab workouts afterwards. I don't have rest days. It's basically a day of two muscle groups and cardio + abs the day after, over and over. Running after leg days can be a drag but the soreness only lasts for a couple minutes. I actually dread the chest and triceps day more than legs. I guess I can appreciate my thick and stumpy legs for once. I plan to do a video on it after my twenty-sixth birthday since it'd be a month since I started going to the gym everyday. I SHOULD have some gains because I can finally go beyond using two twenty-five pound dumbbells for everything.
Pictures are so deceiving. If you watch my most recent YouTube video, I'm way fatter than what pictures seem. I shudder as I edited this, but I'll appreciate this later on...-shifty eyes-

Now, I shall post a picture from my Sony NEX. They're less forgiving...+ no filters. Hopefully with the access to heavier weights and gym equipment, results will be more drastic than they have been. I only had body weight exercises and two sets of dumbbells to use previously....
To end, I found out that someone I went to high school with is a Laker girl now and a former coworker of mine (who's younger than me) and her boyfriend bought a freaking house. I really need to reevaluate my life. *cries in a corner*

0 comments:

Post a Comment