Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The Death of Free Standard Shipping.

I was going to make a video about this when I found out that 6pm.com doesn't do that anymore, but I think it'd just give me a lot of unnecessary work for a boring video. So anyway, I've been online window shopping just to see if there were any bargains that I could snatch, since I haven't really bought any clothes in quite some time, but the death of free standard shipping is such a buzz kill.

Take for example, this tank which is reasonably priced at $16.50. I really like this tank because it's essentially Versace inspired and if this were ASOS last year or so, I would've already bought it because there's nothing else that I actually really like. Anything in your cart below $40 would be $4 shipping (which isn't bad) but being the frugal person that I am, I don't think it is worth that extra four dollars (which could buy me boba or pay for almost half of a meal).

Also aside from occasionally checking 6pm.com for running shoes, I would check their site for designer underwear and training gear, but they also killed their free standard shipping. There is no point to really check if I can snatch a pair of Calvin Klein briefs for $11 dollars anymore due to the fact that if I really wanted it, I would have to buy more.

The only online retailers that I like and know of that still have free shipping with no minimum everyday are Aussiebum and Topman. Sadly, I don't exactly like Aussiebum as much as I do 2xist, Emporio Armani, or Calvin Klein, and what Topman has been putting out is such a bore.

I don't know. Maybe it's a good thing because I already have too much in my closet but at the same time, this sucks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment